Course, workshop or 1-1 training
Take the floor, Personal power, oral communication and presentation
Learn the craft that strengthens your performance and personal power
Develop your ability to influence your environment
Why and what
In any situation of dialogue, presentation or negotiation, it is essential that you get the desired message across clearly to your listeners. But when the spotlight is on you, a lack of personal power and feelings of nervousness and pressure of time, can impair your focus. That may lead to important points being missed out and your efforts being wasted.
However, the art of good communication and getting your message across effectively is a skill that anyone can learn.
One way to avoid failures of communication is to learn some very basic performance techniques and know how to use your voice and body language. The way we speak and the way we move, quickly influences our audience’s impression of whether the speaker is trustworthy or not. If, for example, your speech is vague, rapid, mumbling or inadequately enunciated, there is a serious risk that the audience will mentally ‘check out’, or can´t understand what you are saying.
The same is true if your body language fails to support the content, if you hide behind a Power Point presentation, or if you appear ‘closed off’ in attitude. We must pay attention to these small but vital signals that create the whole and a connection between the sender and receiver of the message, which makes it all come together.
The course ‘Personal power, oral communication and presentation’ at Voxlab will learn you how to take the floor, and how to connect with and engage your audience.
The course provides practical methods and tools that will help you to express yourself in a powerful and engaging manner with the help of knowledge of both verbal and non-verbal communication.
How to control your voice and body language, the enormous importance of how to work with mental motivation and herby steer your confidence, inner calm, engagement and energy in the desired direction.
How to actually take the floor literally, and get at good balance while using by example Power Point or white board.
You will also get to know “the secret details” you may never have thought about could have such a bad or great impact.
Tools like this will help you to reduce your stress level and remain calm under pressure, allowing you to focus on the content of your message and on giving and receiving a good and useful experience through your communication.
What will you learn on the course “Personal power”?
• How to ‘turn on’ focus and commitment and retain the audience’s attention from start to finish
• How to control any nervousness or blackouts
• How to find the right balance between oral communication and PowerPoint
• How to use your voice with the right volume, tone, pauses and emphasis
• How to engage the recipient with a strong introduction and a motivating conclusion
• How to use prosody – the ability to create meaning in words
• How to use posture as a backup to body language and imbue your voice with energy
• How to achieve a relaxed, natural body language that is in harmony with your message
• How to find a personal presentation style and get it across efficiently every time
• How to ‘read’ your audience and get the best out of the situation
Structure of the course
The course begins with a theoretical presentation on personal power, seasoned with good advice and concrete tools. After that, participants are given active exercises to perform, according to the motto ‘practice makes perfect’.
All of the participants will receive focused personal training from the course instructor and a personal plan for the efficient implementation of the new skills. After the course, a compendium and training videos will be supplied, containing the same exercises used during the course.
Please notice that No video recordings will be made during the course.
What effect will the course “Personal power” have on the participant, and on the company?
• The course will strengthen the development of individual performance skills and create a personal, strong and positive profile.
• The course will provide your company with an employee with a strong profile who knows how to present the company in the best possible way.
• The course will provide tools to improve communication skills so as to more easily manage and harmonise self-confidence and motivation, body language and vocal expression with the message itself.
• The course will enhance your employee’s skills at presenting and explaining facts, projects, results and ideas.
• The course will make your employee better at describing and selling your ideas and products in a clear and committed manner.
• The course will equip the individual participant with easily applicable knowledge and tools that provide the self-confidence, self-motivation, visibility and authority you need when you have to take the floor, communicate and succeed.
• The course will supply effective, practical tools for managing fruitful communication both internally and externally.
• The course will provide good ideas for managing your message with no, or few and simple, visual means.
This course are recommended by Wioleta Dziadosz ( Danfoss) "I had a chance to participate in the course "Take the floor- personal performance and presentation."- that Vibeke has leaded. Vibeke is charismatic, energetic person, with a gift to share this great energy with her students. She has huge experience in public performance as an opera siger, teacher, professional speaker,. Vibeke as well has a solid knowledge, that she is able to pass during the course. Voice exercises, voice warm up, building selfconfidence, right posture, right gestures, preparation for public speaking... Great course, I recommend to everyone"
Course time: 2 - 3 days is optimal, and the best practice at all
Workshop: 3 hours is optimal to get few effective tools
1 - 1 training: how many lessons is depending on each case
Participants at course: up to 10 is optmal
For more information and prices: please call or mail:
Phone +45 219 69 911
Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ATT. Vibeke Krogsgaard