Course, workshop or 1-1 training
Your powerful voice: it is not what you say, it is how you say it.
Learn to optimize your powerful vehicle to persuade and connect with others – your voice
Why and what
A good voice is part of our impact
The voice is involved in any kind of oral communication, and is a unique and important part of our identity. Despite how important the quality of the voice is, according to get our communication across, most people do not consider to train and develop this very important tool, but they should- because it can make a huge difference in many aspects.
We communicate using our voice for many hours every day
In order to get our messages and communication heard it is important that we experience our voice as well functioning, clear and dynamic.
At the same time, it is important that the audience experience a voice, which is engaging and pleasant to listen to in order to get the optimal from the messages.
The way in which our voice performs influences
• Work performance and –status.
• All aspects of our communication.
• Self-esteem and confidence.
• Others’ attitudes towards you and your message and whether they will listen to you or not.
Between 55-75% of all people have a voice dysfunction
It is very common that our voice “betray” us if we are in important situations such as meetings and presentations.
However, with the right training, both your voice and the person behind it, will be communicated clearly, confidently and engagingly.
Among the most common voice challenges is:
• A voice, that sounds monotonous, mumbling or insecure, or which is too eager and fast.
• Lack of those all-important artificial pauses, which can make it difficult for the speaker to get the message across, and for the audience to get a change to interpret the message.
• Parts of words and phrases not being pronounced or pronounced incorrectly, or abbreviations that are rapped out.
• A voice volume that is either too quiet or too loud.
• A personal tone in the voice that can present a challenge to both the voice owner and the audience, for instance squeaky or guttural sound
• Breathing problems such as breathlessness, shortness of breath, or shallow breathing.
• The voice fails – perhaps seriously, the experience of hoarseness, soreness or fatigue, or the sensation of a lump in the throat. Mucus problems and a need to clear the throat, or other inappropriate voice experiences.
• The use of many filler words and sounds such as “hmm” “er”, “what’s it called”, “so to speak”, etc., which can rob the message of its vitality and irritate many of the listeners.
• The sensation of not being able to steer the voice due to being nervous
Why does the voice react the way it does?
The voice is a delicate and complicated instrument. Its behavior depends on many physical and mental factors, due to the situations where we need to speak. When we do not know how to use voice technique, we can´t steer the voice in the desired direction. A common example is, when we are going to present: the voice may betray us, for instance sounding monotonous, speaking faster than we want to, or being nervous can create a shaky sound.
If our voice and sound do not present our message optimally, there is a risk that:
• You may fail to get your message across
• You may lose influence
• Important points and facts in your message may get lost
• People may not listen to you
• You may become nervous and thereby lose your grip on how to communicate optimally
• Important words, word endings, abbreviations and phrases may often be unclear
• People may understand your message as the precise opposite of what you intended to say – perhaps in a negative direction
This course is for anyone who wants to be better at use their voice
No matter if you simply wish to get to use your voice in a more professional matter, or you experience voice challenges in general, this course will ensure you perform with power and persuasion. You'll discover that taking control over your voice makes you perform as you want to at any time.
What can you learn from the course?
• How to use your voice in a physically and mentally correct manner
• How to get rid of various voice challenges
• How to create volume, sensible tempi, good emphasis and dynamics, complete sentences and endings, and efficiently emphasise the most important words and abbreviations
• How to become better at giving presentations, pitches, or any other kind of oral communication style
• How to “warm up” before “showtime”
• How to turn on your voice impact, both physically and mentally
• How to control insecurity and gain inner calm to control your voice
• How good posture and sitting or standing correctly secures a good, confident voice and impact
• Why it’s a good idea to avoid certain types of food and drink, throat lozenges and medications, air condition and other challenges that may affect your voice
• How to “save” your voice on a bad voice day, such as when you have a cold
After the course, you and your company will have an employee who:
• Can optimally promote the company’s messages and visions, both internally and externally
• Can best represent the company and its products and give the desired impression to the outside world
• Can provide clear, engaging and captivating speeches, pitches, presentations and any other kind of oral communication as well
• Can speak clearly, with emphasis and variation in tone, volume and tempo
• Can understand the technical speech differences involved in the cooperation between brain and the physical voice
• Uses the important artificial pauses
• Knows how to achieve a good sense of inner calm, energy and engage the audience
Structure of the course
The course begins with a theoretical presentation on personal power, seasoned with good advice and concrete tools. After that, participants are given active exercises to perform, according to the motto ‘practice makes perfect’.
All of the participants will receive focused personal training from the course instructor and a personal plan for the efficient implementation of the new skills. After the course, a compendium and training videos will be supplied, containing the same exercises used during the course.
Please notice that No video recordings will be made during the course.
Course instructor Vibeke Krogsgaard, Voxlab
• NB. Do you experience one or more of the following points
• It takes great force for you to talk
• Your voice starts feeling bad during the day
• An uncomfortable or sore feeling in your throat
• Shortness of breath when you speak
• General muttering, whispering or a weak voice
• A general desire for you to speak in a louder voice, from your listeners
Then we highly recommend that you take vocal training.
Course: 2- 3 days is optimal, and the best way to get to use the tools
Workshop: 3 hours is optimal for a usefull, fun and involving experience
1 - 1 training: how many lessons is depending on each case
Participants at course: up to 10 is optimal
For more information and prices: please call or mail:
Phone: +45 219 69 911
Mail: email@example.com Att Vibeke Krogsgaard